Credit Score Information
Knowing your credit score isn’t a requirement for getting a home loan, but it’s a good idea to know what yours is. Credit scores tell potential lenders what kind of risk they are taking if they loan you money. The higher your credit score is, the less risk you pose. Credit score information is readily available from a variety of sources. There are only three agencies that determine a credit score, though, so it’s best to get your credit score directly from one of them. Use this credit score information to start researching how it is formulated and why it’s important to have good credit.
- What is a credit report?
- Do I have a right to know what's in my report?
- What type of information do credit bureaus collect and sell?
- What is credit scoring?
- Why is credit scoring used?
- How is a credit scoring model developed?
- How reliable is the credit scoring system?
- What can I do to improve my score?
- What happens if you are denied credit or don't get the terms you want?
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
Contact Scorpion Equity, LLC, in Juneau, Alaska, when you are ready to talk about your mortgage options.